CRIME & COURTS

Man Suspected Missing After Not Returning Home For Two Days

18/02/2026 03:57 PM

KUALA KRAI, Feb 18 (Bernama) -- A man is suspected to be missing after not returning to his home in Kampung Kandek, Dabong here since Monday.

Dabong Fire and Rescue Station (BBP) chief Senior Fire Officer II Zaimi Samat said they received a report regarding the disappearance of the victim, Muhd Saifuan Che Mood, 38, at 9.54 am today.

He said according to information from the caller, who is also the victim's brother, Muhd Saifuan has not returned home since around 11.30 pm on Feb 16 until today.

Eight members from the Dabong BBP were dispatched, with two vehicles, to the location of his regular route, which is nine kilometres from the BBP, at 10.05 am.

"The fire department followed the route that was believed to have been taken by the victim, and the search was also conducted together with the villagers," he said in a statement today.

He said that so far the search operation has been conducted within a three-kilometre radius, and the search will be further extended later, with the participation of the K9 Unit.

Meanwhile, Kuala Krai district deputy police chief DSP Mohd Maizan Mustaffa, when contacted, confirmed receiving a report regarding the disappearance of Muhd ​​Saifuan and informed that an active search operation was underway.

-- BERNAMA

 

 


 

© 2026 BERNAMA   • Disclaimer   • Privacy Policy   • Security Policy  
https://www.bernama.com/en/news.php?id=2525171