BUSINESS

Liew Denies Saying Govt Is Mulling 150-litre RON95 Limit

12/05/2026 07:05 PM

KUALA LUMPUR, May 12 (Bernama) -- Deputy Finance Minister Liew Chin Tong denied announcing that the government is mulling a 150-litre petrol RON95 limit under the BUDI95 programme.

In a social media post, the minister said his explanation had been taken out of context.

“It’s unfortunate that what I said was taken out of context.”

“In no instance did I announce anything on behalf of the government, and in no instance did I announce the 150-litre limit as a potential government policy,” he said.

Liew explained that during a fireside chat at an AFFIN Bank event earlier today, he was asked about the government's strategy to manage the global energy crisis and had explained that the BUDI95 mechanism is a good tool as it provides data to understand Malaysians’ travel patterns.

“Also, I said as a society, we must ensure that we have petrol supply for the longest possible time, and at some point we should build consensus to support efforts to reduce fuel consumption,” he added.

-- BERNAMA

 

 


BERNAMA provides up-to-date authentic and comprehensive news and information which are disseminated via BERNAMA Wires; www.bernama.com; BERNAMA TV on Astro 502, unifi TV 631 and MYTV 121 channels and BERNAMA Radio on FM93.9 (Klang Valley), FM107.5 (Johor Bahru), FM107.9 (Kota Kinabalu) and FM100.9 (Kuching) frequencies.

Follow us on social media :
Facebook : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatv, @bernamaradio
Twitter : @bernama.com, @BernamaTV, @bernamaradio
Instagram : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatvofficial, @bernamaradioofficial
TikTok : @bernamaofficial

© 2026 BERNAMA   • Disclaimer   • Privacy Policy   • Security Policy