MELAKA, Feb 4 -- Melaka United Football Club (MUFC) new head coach Risto Vidakovic has pledged to improve the team’s performance and lead them to success in the Malaysia League (M-League) this season.
In a video statement shared on MUFC Facebook, Risto, 53, who is still under quarantine, said he was excited to start his training with the squad.
“I am very honoured to be here. I hope we are going to play tactical football and be in the top five teams this season.
“I know Melaka United has a powerful crowd...I am very excited to feel the support on the pitch, I hope we can reach our goals together and be the best in the future,” he said.
Risto, who arrived in Malaysia earlier this week, is currently undergoing quarantine and is expected to start training with The Mousedeer squad next Monday.
Recently, Melaka United announced Risto, a Bosnia and Herzegovina national as their new head coach, replacing Zainal Abidin Hassan.
Melaka United had also announced three more imported players in the team, namely winger from Ghana, Emmmanuel Oti Essigba, a Filipinos defender Mikel Justin Baas, and striker Ifedayo Olusegun, who was being brought back from Nigeria.
Also strengthening Melaka United this season is experienced striker Nurshahrul Idlan Talaha, as well as JDT's players on loan - Mohamad Fadhli Shas and Muhammad Syazwan Andik.
-- BERNAMA
BERNAMA provides up-to-date authentic and comprehensive news and information which are disseminated via BERNAMA Wires; www.bernama.com; BERNAMA TV on Astro 502, unifi TV 631 and MYTV 121 channels and BERNAMA Radio on FM93.9 (Klang Valley), FM107.5 (Johor Bahru), FM107.9 (Kota Kinabalu) and FM100.9 (Kuching) frequencies.
Follow us on social media :
Facebook : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatv, @bernamaradio
Twitter : @bernama.com, @BernamaTV, @bernamaradio
Instagram : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatvofficial, @bernamaradioofficial
TikTok : @bernamaofficial