60 EMPLOYERS CHARGED WITH VARIOUS OFFENCES IN KELANTAN - SOCSO
KOTA BHARU -- A total of 60 employers from various sectors were charged under the Employees’ Social Security Act 1969 since last year, Social Security Organisation (Socso) Kelantan director Nora Yaacob said.
From the total, 38 cases were recorded last year, while the remaining 22 were recorded this year, she said, adding that the employers were charged over various offences, including not registering workers, not reporting accidents involving workers, and not paying contributions.
"The more frequent offences include not registering workers, employers not registering their business or operations and not paying contributions for their workers.
"Employers with workers are reminded that it is mandatory to contribute for workers and to register their business or operations as it is an offence if they fail to do so,” she said when contacted by Bernama here today.
-- BERNAMA
MPHTJ OPENS FLOOD RELIEF AID COLLECTION CENTRE IN MELAKA MALL
MELAKA -- The Hang Tuah Jaya Municipal Council (MPHTJ) has opened a centre to collect necessities for flood victims in Pahang at Melaka Mall here yesterday, MPHTJ Yang Dipertua Datuk Shadan Othman said.
As of noon today, they have received various donations from the public with an estimated value of RM10,000, he said, adding that the council will lead a team to send the aid to flood victims, especially those in Pahang.
The collection centre is open daily from 8 am till 7 pm and those who wish to donate can send their items to the collection centre. Donations will then be distributed in stages from this weekend, if they obtained approval from the Pahang state government, he said.
Shadan added that they expect to receive donations of food and other necessities by several companies and individuals who are concerned about the welfare of flood victims soon.
-- BERNAMA
LABUAN’S NEW QUIT RENT RATE TO TAKE EFFECT ON JAN 1, 2022
LABUAN -- Land owners in the duty-free island of Labuan will begin paying quit rent at the new rate on Jan 1 next year following the quit rent adjustment.
The adjustment by the Federal Territory of Labuan’s Lands and Mines Office (PPTG) is in line with the agency’s efforts to review the quit rent rate in Labuan that has remained the same for decades.
Labuan PPTG deputy director Abdul Basit Abdul Latif said the quit rent adjustment was approved by the Federal Government during the Labuan Land Executive Committee meeting recently.
“The implementation of the new quit rent rate in Labuan was supposed to happen in 2010 but the government decided to postpone it till the recent committee meeting’s decision to implement it next year,” he told Bernama today.
He said the quit rent rate would follow categories, including agriculture, residential, commercial and industrial, and also whether the land was in rural or urban areas, or was a native landholding.
--BERNAMA
BERNAMA provides up-to-date authentic and comprehensive news and information which are disseminated via BERNAMA Wires; www.bernama.com; BERNAMA TV on Astro 502, unifi TV 631 and MYTV 121 channels and BERNAMA Radio on FM93.9 (Klang Valley), FM107.5 (Johor Bahru), FM107.9 (Kota Kinabalu) and FM100.9 (Kuching) frequencies.
Follow us on social media :
Facebook : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatv, @bernamaradio
Twitter : @bernama.com, @BernamaTV, @bernamaradio
Instagram : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatvofficial, @bernamaradioofficial
TikTok : @bernamaofficial