SUBANG JAYA, May 13 -- The Royal Malaysia Police has requested the Home Ministry (KDN) to expedite the tender offer process for the procurement of body cameras for the use of police personnel in the field.
Bukit Aman Logistics and Technology Department director Datuk Seri Mazlan Lazim said his department had received positive feedback from the ministry on this matter.
“Hopefully, it can be implemented by the end of May or in June," he told reporters after visiting the roadblock at the Subang toll plaza here, today.
He said the tenders would then go through an evaluation process by a technical committee before being selected by the Tender Procurement Board at KDN to issue a letter of acceptance to the selected firm.
The government had previously approved an allocation of RM30 million under the 12th Malaysia Plan to purchase body cameras for the use of police personnel.
Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin said this was to protect police personnel from being slandered by criminals or irresponsible parties.
In the meantime, Mazlan said there were a sufficient number of tents and clinical equipment for the welfare and comfort of personnel working in the field during the Movement Control Order from May 12 to June 7.
-- BERNAMA
BERNAMA provides up-to-date authentic and comprehensive news and information which are disseminated via BERNAMA Wires; www.bernama.com; BERNAMA TV on Astro 502, unifi TV 631 and MYTV 121 channels and BERNAMA Radio on FM93.9 (Klang Valley), FM107.5 (Johor Bahru), FM107.9 (Kota Kinabalu) and FM100.9 (Kuching) frequencies.
Follow us on social media :
Facebook : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatv, @bernamaradio
Twitter : @bernama.com, @BernamaTV, @bernamaradio
Instagram : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatvofficial, @bernamaradioofficial
TikTok : @bernamaofficial