Ad Banner
 GENERAL > NEWS

MOH considers implementing EMCO in Sarawak

24/07/2020 04:03 PM

PUTRAJAYA, July 23 -- The Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) may be enforced in certain areas of Sarawak if the number of COVID-19 cases there continues to increase, says Health director-general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah.

He said of the 19 clusters that were still active, eight of them were in Sarawak, however, for now, the Ministry of Health (MOH) was still able to control the spread of the disease.

"We have taken action by sending the MOH team to the field, and we will strengthen and increase contact tracing to detect positive cases.

Ad Banner
Ad Banner
Ad Banner

"So far, we have things under good control, but if necessary, we will implement EMCO in the areas concerned, namely in the localities or target groups that have been identified," he said during his press conference on COVID-19 here today.

Dr Noor Hisham said the MOH would continue to conduct contact tracing to find individuals who were exposed to positive cases, and those who tested positive in the swab test would be hospitalised, while the rest would be quarantined.

The eight clusters still active Sarawak are Sentosa, Stutong, Kuching Engineering, Mambong, Jupiter, Kuching Medical Centre, Kuching Jetty and Melbourne PUI.

-- BERNAMA

 

 


 


BERNAMA provides up-to-date authentic and comprehensive news and information which are disseminated via BERNAMA Wires; www.bernama.com; BERNAMA TV on Astro 502, unifi TV 631 and MYTV 121 channels and BERNAMA Radio on FM93.9 (Klang Valley), FM107.5 (Johor Bahru), FM107.9 (Kota Kinabalu) and FM100.9 (Kuching) frequencies.

Follow us on social media :
Facebook : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatv, @bernamaradio
Twitter : @bernama.com, @BernamaTV, @bernamaradio
Instagram : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatvofficial, @bernamaradioofficial
TikTok : @bernamaofficial

© 2026 BERNAMA   • Disclaimer   • Privacy Policy   • Security Policy