Saturday, 04 Apr 2020
GENERAL
23/03/2020 09:17 AM

KUALA LUMPUR, March 23 -- With the Movement Control Order (MCO) entering its sixth day today, the public is not only expected to comply with the “stay at home” advice, but also on the social distancing aspect, especially in open areas, such as public markets and supermarkets, to curb the COVID-19 outbreak.

With eight more days before the quarantine period ends, Malaysians have to be more disciplined and comply with every directive to help the government to stop or break the chain of COVID-19 infection.

Although the Royal Malaysia Police (PDRM) found the rate of compliance to the MCO has reached 90 per cent, the remaining 10 per cent could not be taken lightly as it involves a large number considering the country’s population of 31 million people.

Thus, various efforts have been taken,  including mobilising 7,500 members of the Malaysian Armed Forces (ATM) nationwide daily since yesterday to help the police to monitor the public in getting the people to limit their movement.

Apart from that,  traffic situation is expected to continue to be under control, especially in major towns across the country, with the presence of enforcement personnel, such as the police, military, Rela and local authorities, being mobilised to monitor the public’s compliance with the order.

Meanwhile, the Yang di-Pertuan Agong Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri’ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah, days after his royal address on television and radio advising the public to comply with the MCO, used the social media to reassert the people to abide by the MCO by holding a yellow placard displaying the words #StayHome and #DudukRumah.

A caption accompanying the photograph in the Istana Negara official Instagram, @istana_negara, yesterday,  read: “We will get through this together as Malaysians, as one country. Let us carry out our responsibility by complying with the Movement Control Order to ensure we are safe.

“Stay home and let us play our respective role to curb the spread of this infection. This is the time for us to stay strong and persevere".

The one thing the public is concern in times like this is face mask.

According to Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob the government will review the face mask ceiling price which has been fixed at RM2 per piece, with the Special Ministerial Committee on the Movement Control Order to meet today to discuss the matter.

 Meanwhile,  the government is funding the import of 10 million pieces of face masks from China and the masks would be distributed according to priority, namely the frontliners, while the remaining will be distributed to  high-risk areas.

-- BERNAMA

 


 

ABOUT US

Malaysia National News Agency
Wisma BERNAMA
No.28 Jalan BERNAMA
Off Jalan Tun Razak
50400 Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia

Tel : +603-2693 9933 (General Line)
Email : helpdesk@bernama.com

Categories

General
Business
Sports
Politics
World
Features
Infographics
Videos
Images
Exclusive Press

Others

Corporate Site
Contact Us
Quotation / Tender

Follow Us

Copyrights

Disclaimer
Privacy Policy
Security Policy