CRIME & COURTS

Kedah Police Open 69 Disciplinary Investigation Papers As Of June

20/08/2026 12:16 PM

ALOR SETAR, Aug 20 (Bernama) -- A total of 69 disciplinary investigation papers (KST) involving 90 Royal Malaysian Police (PDRM) personnel in Kedah were opened during the first six months of this year.

Kedah police chief Datuk Adzli Abu Shah said the stern actions involved 11 senior police officers, 76 junior police officers and three civil servants serving in the state.

“We have passed the halfway point of the year and the number of KSTs has shown a decrease compared to last year. In 2025, a total of 155 KSTs were opened involving 294 individuals with a breakdown of 39 senior police officers, 248 junior police officers and seven civil servants.

“For the period from Jan 1, 2025 to June 2026, the recorded offences included three syariah crime cases; four commercial crime cases; seven corruption cases; 11 traffic cases; 24 drug cases; 33 criminal cases and 142 other various disciplinary offences,” he said after the monthly assembly at the Kedah Police Contingent Headquarters (IPK) here today.

Adzli said his party does not protect any individual who tarnishes the image of the police and strict action has been taken by detaining, suspending and dismissing those found to have committed the offence.

“I would like to emphasise here, because the public still does not understand, they always say the police protect their own citizens, at worst the individual will just be transferred. This suspension action is not a punishment, but it is an initial action to reach or stop someone from continuing to commit the same offence.

“For example, if he is involved in robbery and extortion activities in the community, in the public interest, we will immediately transfer him to a section that does not have access to the community out there,” he said.

He said that although the individual concerned was suspended from work, the investigation will continue until appropriate action is taken.

Meanwhile, when asked about the mysterious knocking noises that were reported to be disturbing residents in several areas in the Kota Setar district, Adzli said his party had taken note of the residents' concerns and the police had increased patrols in the affected areas to ensure their safety.

-- BERNAMA


 

 


BERNAMA provides up-to-date authentic and comprehensive news and information which are disseminated via BERNAMA Wires; www.bernama.com; BERNAMA TV on Astro 502, unifi TV 631 and MYTV 121 channels and BERNAMA Radio on FM93.9 (Klang Valley), FM107.5 (Johor Bahru), FM107.9 (Kota Kinabalu) and FM100.9 (Kuching) frequencies.

Follow us on social media :
Facebook : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatv, @bernamaradio
Twitter : @bernama.com, @BernamaTV, @bernamaradio
Instagram : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatvofficial, @bernamaradioofficial
TikTok : @bernamaofficial

© 2026 BERNAMA   • Disclaimer   • Privacy Policy   • Security Policy