Man seriously hurt after pet macaque bit him [ 2h ago ]

1 million vehicles expected to enter Kelantan for Aidilfitri

Last update: 27/05/2019
TANAH MERAH, May 27 (Bernama) -- As many as one million vehicles are expected to enter Kelantan for the Aidilfitri celebration on June 5.

Kelantan Police Chief Datuk Hasanuddin Hassan said the entry of vehicles into the state would be in stages as the school holidays had started.

"So we expect there will be an increase in traffic flow but it would occur in stages and not at one go as had happened previously.

"Whatever it is, we hope drivers will be careful when driving and not race on the road to avoid mishaps,” he told reporters after launching the program “Ops Selamat” at the Kelantan state level at the grounds of Taman Kota Harmoni, here today.

Hasanuddin said that in this regard, those returning to the hometown for Raya were reminded against being too excited to return home to the extent of neglecting safety aspects on the road.

"Most of the drivers do not have enough rest and drive in a dangerous manner. We hope that they would have enough rest before beginning their journey home,” he said.

Meanwhile, Hasanuddin reminded those leaving home for the raya to take appropriate measures to prevent incidents of house-breaking which often occurred during the festivities.

-- BERNAMA



       Previous Top Story