Two unemployed youths charged with attempted murder [ 2h ago ]

No Malaysians harmed in suicide bomb attack in Cairo - KBMK

Last update: 19/02/2019
Source: Facebook-Embassy of Malaysia in Cairo
KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 19 (Bernama) -- The Malaysian Embassy in Cairo (KBMK) has confirmed that no Malaysians were harmed in the suicide bomb attack at the Al Darb Al Ahmar area near the Al Azhar Mosque in Cairo on Monday night.

KBMK in a security guideline to Malaysians said so far three people namely two Egyptian police personnel and the suicide bomber, were reported killed.

According to the statement, the Egyptian authorities have tightened security in the area as well as nearby areas which are popular tourist spots.

“With the extra precautionary measures taken by the Egyptian authorities, the situation in Egypt is safe and peaceful," the statement said.

Meanwhile, KBMK advised Malaysians especially students living in the Al Darb Al Ahmar area to be on the alert and to take note of the current security situation in the area as well as to obey all rules and regulations enforced by the Egyptian authorities.

To seek for assistance, Malaysians may contact KBMK through First Secretary (Security) ASP Ab Azis Hassan at + 20 100 359 3244.

"Inquiries from either the Malaysian or Egyptian media should be channeled to KBMK via hotline +2 012 0027 6388 or email to mwcairo@kln.gov.my," said the statement.

-- BERNAMA



       Previous Top Story