GEORGE TOWN, Oct 22 (Bernama) -- The remains of Indonesian citizens Erwin Salis and Hosrin, who perished in a landslide at the construction site of a housing project in Lengkok Lembah Permai, Tanjung Bungah here, will be buried in Kuala Lumpur and Surabaya, Indonesia, respectively.
Indonesian consul Neni Kurniati said a flight had been arranged to take Hosrin's body home to Surabaya, and that it would arrive there tomorrow night.
"The process of claiming the bodies is now in the final stage, whereby both families are filing a police report as part of the hospital's procedures. The bodies are expected to be claimed by 5pm," she said.
She said the consulate was also in contact with the employers of both victims to claim compensation for their families, adding that they possessed valid permits and should be covered by insurance.
The body of Hosrin, 33, who was among the 11 victims buried under the rubble at the construction site, was found at 11.31pm last night, while the body of Erwin, 35, was found at 2.30am today.
As of this afternoon, seven bodies have been recovered and sent to the Penang Hospital, while the search continues for the remaining four victims.