Unsuitable to introduce new subject on other religions in primary school - Yadim [ 17m ago ]

Court Allows Consortium Zenith's Application Against PCM Vice-president

Last update: 14/09/2017
GEORGE TOWN, Sept 14 (Bernama) -- The High Court here today allowed an injunction application by Consortium Zenith BUCG Sdn Bhd to stop Parti Cinta Malaysia (PCM) vice-president Datuk Huan Cheng Guan from issuing any statement on the Penang undersea tunnel project.


Judge Datuk Rosilah Yop made the decision in chambers in the presence of lawyer Datuk Baljit Singh, representing Huan, and lawyer Tengku Haris Tengku Rostam, on behalf of Consortium Zenith BUCG.


Met outside the court, Baljit Singh told reporters that with the court ruling, Huan could not issue any statement on the tunnel project which involved Consortium Zenith BUCG Sdn Bhd.

"This injunction, in our view is against a company which no longer exists, and Huan will continue to discuss the issue against Consortium Construction Sdn Bhd," he said.

Baljit Singh said the court also allowed an application by Consortium Zenith BUCG Sdn Bhd to dismiss Huan's counter claim, to which they would appeal against the decision at the Court of Appeal.

The court then set March 5 to 7 next year to hear the suit.

Consortium Zenith BUCG Sdn Bhd, the company entrusted to build the RM6.34 billion tunnel project, filed the suit against Huan and Utusan Melayu(M) Bhd on Aug 11, 2016, for allegedly defaming the company.

However, in September last year, the company changed its name to Consortium Zenith Construction Sdn Bhd after dropping Beijing Urban Construction Group (BUCG) from the project.

Consortium Zenith was awarded the project through a tender process. Consortium Zenithis a joint-venture between Zenith Construction Sdn Bhd, China Railway Construction Co Ltd, Beijing Urban Construction Group, Sri Tinggi Sdn Bhd and Juteras Sdn Bhd.

-- BERNAMA



       Previous Top Story