GUA MUSANG, May 19 (Bernama) -- A temporary diversion on the Gua Musang-Lojing road, closed since Dec 3 last year due to a landslide, will open from Thursday (May 21).
Kelantan Public Works, Infrastructure, Water, and Rural Development Committee chairman Datuk Dr Izani Husin said reopening the route is crucial to restoring transport connectivity between Kelantan, Pahang, and Perak, which has been disrupted since the landslide.
"The reopening of this route is undoubtedly important in restoring the transport network and revitalising the interstate economic sectors, particularly involving agriculture, tourism, and logistics.
"On behalf of the state government, we will continue to do our best. I also express my appreciation to the Ministry of Works and the Works Minister for their concern and close cooperation in addressing this issue," he said in a statement today.
Since the route is a temporary diversion, he advised motorists to stay cautious when passing through the area.
It was previously reported that Section 107.6 of the Gua Musang-Lojing Road (FT185) at Pos Blau had collapsed, believed to have been caused by underground water movement.
-- BERNAMA
