IPOH, Feb 21 (Bernama) -- Upgrade works at Perak Stadium here, including the replacement of the pitch grass, are expected to be fully completed by June.
State Housing and Local Government Committee chairman Sandrea Ng Shy Ching said the project was initially scheduled for earlier completion but was delayed due to weather conditions and adjustments to the scope of work.
She said drainage and gutter upgrade works are currently ongoing, while the old grass has been fully removed to allow for new grass planting.
“Once all works are completed, a trial period of about three to four months is required before the stadium can be fully used,” Ng told reporters after attending a walkabout session at the Medan Gopeng Ramadan bazaar here today.
She said the state government will continue to monitor the project and ensure all works meet the required specifications.
The state government had previously targeted the completion of the stadium upgrade, including the Axonopus Putra grass pitch, by January this year.
In a separate matter, Ng said Ipoh City Council will review the causes of the flash floods in Manjoi on Feb 16 and take follow-up actions involving drainage systems and area cleaning to prevent a recurrence.
-- BERNAMA
