GENERAL

IPOH FLOODS: 26 PEOPLE SHELTERED AT AL‑GHUFRON MOSQUE

17/02/2026 09:23 AM

IPOH, Feb 17 (Bernama) -- Twenty-six people from 10 families were evacuated to Al‑Ghufron Mosque in Manjoi after floodwaters submerged their homes in Kampung Manjoi and Kampung Tengku Hussein last night.

According to a spokesperson from the Kinta District Civil Defence Force District Operations Control Centre (PKOD), nine families comprising 22 people were affected in Kampung Manjoi, while one family of four was displaced in Kampung Tengku Hussein.

“However, no temporary relief centre has been opened so far, as the number of victims is small and the flood situation remains under control.

“All victims are currently sheltered at the Al‑Ghufron Mosque as a precaution while waiting for the floodwaters to fully recede,” said the spokesperson.

The Kinta District APM said they would continue monitoring the situation and take swift action should the water level rise or a relief centre need to be opened.

Flash floods hit several parts of Ipoh yesterday after almost two hours of heavy rain, affecting areas such as the city centre, Tawas, and Kepayang, Manjoi.

-- BERNAMA

 

 


 

© 2026 BERNAMA   • Disclaimer   • Privacy Policy   • Security Policy