GENERAL

Number Of Flood Evacuees In Sabah Remain At 388 People Tonight

21/05/2026 09:22 PM

KOTA KINABALU, May 21 (Bernama) -- The number of flood evacuees in Beaufort remained at 388 people from 121 families as of 8 pm tonight.

The Sabah state disaster management committee secretariat said that all the evacuees were being housed at the Selagon permanent relief centre that opened at 3 pm, Tuesday (May 19).

From the total, 183 were adults and senior citizens, while 155 others were children and babies.

“The number of flood-hit villages rose to 11 villages this morning compared to 10 last night.

“No loss of life has been reported so far,” the secretariat said in a statement tonight.

-- BERNAMA


 

© 2026 BERNAMA   • Disclaimer   • Privacy Policy   • Security Policy  
https://www.bernama.com/en/news.php?id=2560027