WORLD

Israel Seizes All Boats In Gaza-Bound Aid Flotilla, Organisers Say

20/05/2026 08:14 AM

ISTANBUL, May 20 (Bernama-Anadolu) -- Gaza-bound humanitarian mission Global Sumud Flotilla on Tuesday said that all vessels in its aid convoy had been seized by Israel, Anadolu Ajansi (AA) reported.

“We are awaiting more information about their illegal abduction,” organisers of the flotilla said in a statement on Telegram.

Vowing to continue its mission for Palestine, it called on people to “demand safe passage.”

“Send emails to your foreign ministers,’ it added.

The convoy's crisis management team said that Israeli forces had seized Lina Al-Nabulsi, the last remaining vessel in the flotilla.

Organisers said Israeli forces intercepted a total of 50 vessels carrying 428 people from 44 countries, including 78 Turkish citizens.

The Israeli Foreign Ministry said in a post on X that all activists have been transferred to Israeli vessels and are on their way to Israel, where they will be able to meet with their consular representatives.

Earlier in the day, the flotilla said that Israeli military vessels were continuing to attack and board its humanitarian aid fleet in international waters as the convoy headed toward the Gaza Strip.

The developments came as the Israeli army launched attacks Monday against the aid convoy in international waters.

The flotilla, comprising 54 boats, departed on Thursday from the Turkish district of Marmaris in a new attempt to break the illegal Israeli blockade imposed on Gaza since 2007.

This was not the first such incident involving the flotilla.

In late April, the Israeli army attacked flotilla boats in international waters off the Greek island of Crete.

The convoy at the time included 345 participants from 39 countries, including Turkish citizens.

Israel has imposed a crippling blockade on the Gaza Strip since 2007, leaving the territory’s 2.4 million people on the verge of starvation.

The Israeli army launched a brutal two-year offensive on Gaza in October 2023, killing more than 72,000 people, injuring over 172,000 and causing massive destruction across the besieged territory.

-- BERNAMA-ANADOLU

© 2026 BERNAMA   • Disclaimer   • Privacy Policy   • Security Policy  
https://www.bernama.com/en/news.php?id=2559227