SEOUL, Feb 18 (Bernama-Yonhap) -- South Korea will seek to reinstate a no-fly zone over the border with North Korea under the suspended 2018 inter-Korean military pact aimed at easing tensions, Unification Minister Chung Dong-young said Wednesday, Yonhap News Agency reported.
Chung disclosed the plan at a press briefing after expressing regret earlier this month over drones sent into North Korea by South Korean civilians, which the North denounced as a violation of its sovereignty.
"In cooperation with our military authorities, (the government) will review and seek to reinstate the September 19 inter-Korean military pact, including the designation of a no-fly zone," Chung said.
The minister said the action is aimed at preventing any unintended military clash and building trust between the two militaries.
-- BERNAMA-YONHAP