|COVID–19 NEWS||One COVID-19 Positive case detected on first day of M'sia-S'pore VTL - Khairy | Foreigners with travel history to seven countries not allowed to enter Sarawak | PM to make official visit to S'pore tomorrow in conjunction with VTL launch | COVID: New cases drop to 5,097 Saturday (Nov 27) | Decreasing figures of new COVID cases in Sarawak are genuine, says Uggah ||
KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 25 -- Twelve newcomers are among 20 players named in the National Women’s Special Project Squad for the Women’s Asian Champions Trophy 2021 to be held in Donghae, South Korea from Dec 5-12.
Malaysian Hockey Confederation (MHC) national team management committee chairman Datuk Najmi Razak said the squad would have an average age of 22.
"The team to Donghae is a long-term project, namely for 2026 and had just been formed. For two years, they did not have any competitions or even got to train overseas.
"This tournament will also be used a a platform for the youngsters to gain exposure and experience as they will be playing against some of the best teams in Asia,” he said in a statement today.
The tournament, also featuring India, China, South Korea, Japan and Thailand, will be played in a league format and will also see the players having to contend with temperatures dipping to below -2 degree Celsius.
The national team, to be captained by the experienced Juliani Mohamad Din, will have two goalkeepers, seven defenders, five midfielders and six forwards.
Meanwhile, the National Women’s Special Project Squad head coach, Mohd Nasihin Nubli Ibrahim clarified that the 20 players were chosen based on their performance in the series of friendlies against club sides and the recently-ended Tun Abdul Razak Cup.
He said their participation in the Women’s Asian Champions Trophy 2021 was aimed at building the players’ confidence in taking on higher-ranked teams.
"It will be a good platform for us to review their development and provide a useful arena for them to gain experience at the international level,” he said.
Following is the list of 20 national players named for the Women’s Asian Champions Trophy 2021:
1. SITI ROZAILAH JILON - Goalkeeper
2. SITI ZALIA NASIR - Goalkeeper
3. JULIANI MOHAMAD DIN - Defender
4. RAJA NORSHARINA RAJA SHABUDDIN - Defender
5. NURUL FAEZAH SHAFIQAH KHALIM - Defender
6. IREN HUSSIN - Defender
7. DAYANG NURAMIRAH ABANG MAHADINI - Defender
8. NURUL FATIN FATIAH AZMAN - Defender
9. ELLYA AMANINA ELLIAS - Defender
10. NURAINI ABDUL RASHID - Midfielder
11. FATIN SHAFIKA MAHD SUKRI - Midfielder
12. NUR SYUHADA SUHAIMI - Midfielder
13. NOR ASFARINA ISAHYIFIQA ISAHHIDUN - Midfielder
14. NUR INSYIRAH EFFARIZAL - Midfielder
15. NURAMIRAH SHAKIRAH ZULKIFLI - Forward
16. NURMAIZATUL HANIM SYAFI SHIEK FUAD - Forward
17. SITI ZULAIKHA HUSAIN - Forward
18. SITI NUR ARFAH MOHD NOR - Forward
19. NUR ATIRA MOHAMAD ISMAIL - Forward
20. NUR AFIQAH SYAHZANI AZHAR - Forward
Bernama is the trusted source of reliable real-time comprehensive and accurate news for both the public and media practitioners. Our news is published at www.bernama.com ; BERNAMA TV on: Astro Channel 502, unifi TV Channel 631, MYTV Channel 121 IFLIX; and Bernama Radio broadcasting locally on FM93.9 in Klang Valley, Johor (FM107.5), Kota Kinabalu (FM107.9) and Kuching (FM100.9).
Follow us on social media :
Facebook : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatv, @bernamaradio
Twitter : @bernama.com, @BernamaTV, @bernamaradio
Instagram : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatvofficial, @bernamaradioofficial
TikTok : @bernamaofficial