Last Update :
14/02/2020 07:14 PM

KUALA NERUS, Feb 14 — The federal government has approved an allocation of RM5 million for the construction of a new mosque at Kem Sri Pantai 18, the Royal Malay Regiment (Para) in Seberang Takir here.

Economic Affairs Minister Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali said the proposed mosque would replace the 40-year-old al-Ansar Mosque, which could no longer accommodate the growing congregation, both among the military and the local community.

“The state government informed me during my short visit (to Terengganu) late last year that there was a need to build a new mosque at Kem Sri Pantai.

"My ministry has studied the application and has approved an allocation of RM5 million for the construction of a new mosque," he said when speaking at the al-Ansar Mosque here today.

At the event, Mohamed Azmin handed over a RM5 million mock cheque to Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Dr Samsuri Mokhtar.

Mohamed Azmin said the approval of the allocation for the mosque proved that the federal government was always fair to all states.

Construction work on the proposed mosque, located about 500 metres from the al-Ansar Mosque, is expected to begin in the middle of the year and will take about 18 months to complete.

The proposed 1.4-hectare mosque can accommodate up to 1,200 members of the congregation compared to 900 at the existing mosque.

— BERNAMA

ABOUT US

Malaysia National News Agency
Wisma BERNAMA
No.28 Jalan BERNAMA
Off Jalan Tun Razak
50400 Kuala Lumpur
Malaysia

Tel : +603-2693 9933 (General Line)
Email : helpdesk@bernama.com

Categories

General
Business
Sports
Politics
World
Features
Infographics
Videos
Images
Exclusive Press

Others

Contact Us

Follow Us

Copyrights

Disclaimer
Privacy Policy
Security Policy