COVID–19 NEWS   PPN Phase Four: Big relief for wedding industry players, caterers in Negeri Sembilan | Adolescents with comorbidities at risk of getting very ill from COVID-19 - Paediatrician | Penang awaits PM’s green light for travel to the state | Two localities in Pahang, one in Sabah under EMCO from Saturday - MKN | COVID: Recoveries continue to exceed new cases- Health DG | 
COVID-19

COVID: 18,053 recovery cases today, higher than new infections- Health DG

14/09/2021 08:29 PM

KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 14 -- The total recovery cases from COVID-19 in Malaysia continues to surpass new cases for the fourth consecutive day when 18,053 recoveries were reported compared to 15,669 new cases recorded at 12 noon today.

Health director-general, Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah announced the latest development takes the cumulative number of individuals who have recovered from the disease to 1,764,579.

He said 1,266 cases were being treated at the intensive care unit (ICU) including 954 cases confirmed  COVID-19 while 312 cases were suspected and probable cases.

“There are 689 cases requiring respiratory aid with 432 cases confirmed COVID-19 while 257 suspected, and probable cases under investigation,” he said in a statement on the development of COVID-19 today.

Dr Noor Hisham said from the total daily cases, reported today, there were 283 cases or 1.8 per cent in category three (lung infection), four (requiring oxygen aid) and five (requiring ventilator) while the remaining 15,840 cases or 98.2 per cent were in categories one (asymptomatic) and two (mild symptoms).

From the total new cases, Dr Noor Hisham said 17 were imported involving seven Malaysians while 15,652 cases were local transmission involving 14,169 locals.

He said 29 clusters were also detected in the past 24 hours involving 14 clusters at the work place, 12 clusters in the community as well as three cluster of high risk groups.

On the rate of infectivity or R-naught (Rt) of COVID-19, Dr Noor Hisham said the Rt in Malaysia yesterday was 0.98 with all states recording Rt less than 1.0 such as Sabah, Kedah, Melaka, Labuan, Negeri Sembilan, Putrajaya, Selangor and Kuala Lumpur.

Sarawak is the state with the highest Rt value at 1.16 followed by Terengganu (1.08), Johor and Perak  1.02 each, Pahang (1.01), while Penang, Kelantan and Perlis each at 1.00.

The data on fatalities will be uploaded via Github and COVIDNOW at https://covidnow.moh.gov.my at midnight tonight.

-- BERNAMA

 

 


 


Bernama is the trusted source of reliable real-time comprehensive and accurate news for both the public and media practitioners. Our news is published at www.bernama.com ; BERNAMA TV on: Astro Channel 502, unifi TV Channel 631, MYTV Channel 121 IFLIX; and Bernama Radio broadcasting locally on FM93.9 in Klang Valley, Johor (FM107.5), Kota Kinabalu (FM107.9) and Kuching (FM100.9).

Follow us on social media :
Facebook : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatv, @bernamaradio
Twitter : @bernama.com, @BernamaTV, @bernamaradio
Instagram : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatvofficial, @bernamaradioofficial
TikTok : @bernamaofficial

© 2021 BERNAMA   • Disclaimer   • Privacy Policy   • Security Policy