|COVID–19 NEWS||Worried over family's safety, student remains in campus to celebrate Aidilfitri | Commonwealth leaders' meeting postponed indefinitely due to COVID-19 | Badminton: Malaysia Open postponed due to surge in COVID-19 cases | Police reject 583 applications for inter-state travel at LTSAAS | 70,000 IPT students return home in stages from today - Noraini ||
KUALA LUMPUR, April 18 -- Maahad Tahfiz Sains Tanah Merah in Kelantan will be placed under the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) from tomorrow until May 2 following a spike in COVID-19 cases in the school, said Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
He said the EMCO was enforced based on the risk assessment of various agencies in the MCO Technical Committee and advice of the Health Ministry (MOH).
"So far MOH has conducted 396 screening tests and of this number, 43 were found positive.
"The EMCO will facilitate mass screenings by MOH on all involved to prevent the spread of COVID-19 to the outside community,” he said in a statement today.
Ismail Sabri also said the EMCO at Kampung Belaoh, Kampung PPRT Belaoh Baru, Kampung Keruak, Kampung Pak Sik, Felcra Keruak, Hulu Besut in Besut, Terengganu has been extended until April 27, from its scheduled end of April 20.
"So far MOH has conducted 2,038 screening tests and of this number, a cumulative total of 103 positive cases have been detected.
"MOH said the virus was still spreading among residents in the EMCO area, and that the results for 309 test samples are pending,” he added.
Ismail Sabri said 158 individuals were arrested for violating the standard operating procedure yesterday, with 131 compounded and 27 remanded.
Eight land vehicles were seized and 10 illegal immigrants were chased away in Operasi Benteng yesterday, he added.