|COVID–19 NEWS||COVID: SDDMC to monitor SOP compliance at workplaces in Sibu | COVID: Five schools in Kota Kinabalu record positive cases | One educational institution each in Johor, Kelantan placed under EMCO - Ismail Sabri | Emergency has allowed COVID-19 situation to be handled well - Hamzah | COVID-19: Thailand records 1, 470 new cases, 7 deaths ||
KUALA LUMPUR, March 2 -- The three players from the Terengganu Hockey Team (THT), who had tested positive for COVID-19, will have to produce a letter from the Ministry of Health (MOH) to confirm that they are free from the disease if they wish to play in the 2021 Malaysian Hockey League (MHL).
Malaysian Hockey Confederation (MHC) president Datuk Seri Subahan Kamal said Faizal Saari, Abd Khalid Hamirin (forwards) and Shello Silverius (midfielder), who are currently undergoing quarantine, would have to show them the letter during the player registration session on March 10, which is three days before the league starts.
"They must undergo the swab test again here (to enter the sports bubble) to ensure they are truly free from COVID-19,” he said at a press conference today.
Meanwhile, Subahan also announced that the Kuala Lumpur Pullman Hotel in Bangsar had been chosen as one of the official accommodation venues under the sports bubble concept due to its strategic location, pricing and facilities so as to help teams prepare for the MHL, which will be held from March 11 to April 3.
"Stern action will be taken as the MOH will not compromise against those who flout the standard operating procedure (SOP) set for the sports bubble,” he said.
In the MHL, the men's category will be contested by defending champions Universiti Kuala Lumpur (UniKL), THT, Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB), TNB Thunderbolts, Maybank, Universiti Teknologi Mara, Nurinsafi Hockey Team and Sabah.
The teams competing in the women's category are PKS UniTen, PDRM Blue Warriors, Mutiara Impian, Sabah, Young Tigress and UniKL Ladies.