COVID–19 NEWS   US State Department spokesman Ned Price tests positive for COVID-19 | Saudi Arabia conducts over 28 million COVID-19 tests since first reported case | Latest count of COVID-19 cases in Southeast Asia | PPN: Sarawak's southern zone to transition into Phase Three on Oct 1 | EMCO in 3 Felda schemes in Pahang, 4 Orang Asli villages in Perak from Wednesday | 
COVID-19

MCO extended in KL and three other states

16/02/2021 07:49 PM

KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 16 -- The Movement Control Order (MCO) in Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Johor and Penang has been extended for another two weeks from Feb 19 until March 4. 

Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri said the other states that were under MCO previously will now be subjected to the Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO), also effective Feb 19 to March 4, while Perlis will now be the only state with Recovery Movement Control Order (RMCO) status.

He said this was decided following a risk assessment presented by the Health Ministry (MOH) at a special National Security Council (MKN) session here today. 

“The MOH informed that generally, cases are on a downward trend from the fifth week of this year, which was two weeks after MCO 2.0 was enforced. 

“The MOH also confirmed that cross-state import cases had dropped starting Feb 3. However, cases remain high in several states, namely Selangor, Kuala Lumpur, Johor and Penang,” he said at a media conference on MCO developments today. 

The MCO being implemented in all states except Sarawak was scheduled to end this Thursday. 

Sarawak prior to this had announced that it was implementing the CMCO from yesterday. 

On activities allowed and SOPs in the CMCO and RMCO zones, Ismail Sabri, who is also Defence Minister, said they remain the same as previously implemented, and further details can be obtained on MKN’s website.

Meanwhile, Ismail Sabri also announced that the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) in Kuala Kangsar, Perak involving Felda Lasah and Kampung Besi Api in Kuala Berang, Terengganu involving Felda Tersat and the Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) quarters construction site will end tomorrow. 

The EMCO at the Bentong prisons complex and staff quarters in Pahang, which was scheduled to end on Feb 22, will now also end tomorrow. 

Ismail Sabri also announced the implementation of the EMCO in Kampung Sungai Maong in Kuching, Sarawak from Feb 17 to March 2.

This is following MOH’s confirmation of a surge in COVID-19 cases in the area in the past three days. 

-- BERNAMA

 

 


Bernama is the trusted source of reliable real-time comprehensive and accurate news for both the public and media practitioners. Our news is published at www.bernama.com ; BERNAMA TV on: Astro Channel 502, unifi TV Channel 631, MYTV Channel 121 IFLIX; and Bernama Radio broadcasting locally on FM93.9 in Klang Valley, Johor (FM107.5), Kota Kinabalu (FM107.9) and Kuching (FM100.9).

Follow us on social media :
Facebook : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatv, @bernamaradio
Twitter : @bernama.com, @BernamaTV, @bernamaradio
Instagram : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatvofficial, @bernamaradioofficial
TikTok : @bernamaofficial

© 2021 BERNAMA   • Disclaimer   • Privacy Policy   • Security Policy