|COVID–19 NEWS||COVID-19: 19 schools in Selangor ordered close | COVID-19 data manipulation claims baseless -- Ismail Sabri | COVID: 2,078 new cases, Sarawak records highest number - Health DG | Endau, Triang sub-districts in Mersing, Johor to be under MCO from April 20-May 3 | Endau, Triang sub-districts in Mersing, Johor to be under MCO from April 20-May 3 ||
KOTA KINABALU, Jan 16 -- The Sabah government will implement a COVID-19 Prihatin Aid 2.0 (Bantuan Prihatin COVID-19 2.0) involving a RM128.98 million allocation to help the people who are adversely affected by the pandemic.
Chief Minister, Datuk Hajiji Noor said the allocation would be distributed in two parts, namely, a one-off payment of RM300 amounting to RM97.4 million through a state government allocation to the affected residents.
He said the other was a food basket aid to the affected residents involving an allocation from the National Disaster Management Agency (Nadma) worth RM31.58 million.
‘’The one-off payment of RM300 each will involve 324,661 people from the e-kasih, B40, orphans, elderly, people with disability, single mothers, farmers, fishermen.
‘’smallholders, livestock rearers, tour guides, mountain guides, porters, arts activists, taxi drivers, bus drivers, lorry drivers and hawkers groups.
‘’The food basket will be given to the residents of Sabah who were impacted by home quarantine orders and those in localities involved in the Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO),’’ he said in a statement today.
In October last year, the state government implemented the COVID-19 Prihatin Aid (Bantuan Prihatin COVID-19) amounting to RM160 million which also involved a one-off aid of RM300 and food basket.