KUALA LUMPUR, March 20 (Bernama) -- The Malaysia External Trade Development Corporation (MATRADE) targets to have 105 participants for the Mid-Tier Companies Development Programme (MTCDP) in the 2021-2025 period which will contribute RM5 billion to the nation's export value.
Chief executive officer Datuk Mohd Mustafa Abdul Aziz said MTCDP is a high-impact exporters development programme by MATRADE that is designed specifically to support the core export functions of high-performing mid-tier companies (MTCs) in Malaysia.
He said MATRADE has successfully groomed 300 MTCs from various industries -- manufacturing as well as services -- under the programme since it began in 2014.
"MATRADE continues the implementation of MTCDP in 2023, with 26 new MTCs being selected to be onboard in Wave 9.
"Of these 26 MTCs, 54 per cent (14 MTCs) are from the manufacturing sector, while the remaining 46 per cent (12 MTCs) are from the services sector,” he said in his welcoming remarks to kick off MTCDP Wave 9 here today.
Mohd Mustafa said the participants reflect the diversity of the industries in Malaysia, and MATRADE tries to be as inclusive as possible by recruiting MTCs all over Malaysia.
According to him, the MTCDP's modules and components are aimed at helping MTCs enhance their export productivity through appropriate platforms and adjusting to changes through customised activities and tailored business interventions.
This year, the implementation of MTCDP will be aligned with the core values of Malaysia MADANI, particularly sustainability and innovation.
“MTCs, as the leaders in their respective supply chains, can also adopt the MADANI framework to emerge as caring, compassionate and respectful organisations, especially in guiding micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) as their vendors.
"MTCs will also be able to contribute towards socio-economic growth including job creation and undertake corporate social responsibility activities within the local communities,” he said.
Mohd Mustafa said MTCDP continues to be a high-impact development programme, with the major aim of accelerating the export growth of MTCs in Malaysia so they will be regional and global champions.
The development of these companies is part and parcel of a holistic approach, where MATRADE identifies potential MSMEs at the early stage to be new exporters, growing them to mid-tier status and later scaling up to be large corporations.
MATRADE is seeking more potential MTCs to be part of MTCDP towards developing their export capabilities.
"Recruitment for each wave is open all year round and applicants will be shortlisted during the fourth quarter of every year,” he said.
BERNAMA provides up-to-date authentic and comprehensive news and information which are disseminated via BERNAMA Wires; www.bernama.com; BERNAMA TV on the Astro 502, unifi TV 631 and MYTV 121 IFLIX channels and BERNAMA Radio on the FM93.9 (Klang Valley), FM107.5 (Johor), FM107.9 (Kota Kinabalu) and RM100.9 (Kuching) frequencies.
Follow us on social media :
Facebook : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatv, @bernamaradio
Twitter : @bernama.com, @BernamaTV, @bernamaradio
Instagram : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatvofficial, @bernamaradioofficial
TikTok : @bernamaofficial