Sarawak records RM11.9 bln revenue for 2022 - Abang Johari

02/02/2023 04:13 PM

KUCHING, Feb 2 (Bernama) -- Sarawak has recorded a revenue of RM11.9 billion for 2022, the highest revenue performance ever achieved by the state.

Sarawak Premier Tan Sri Abang Johari Tun Openg said the figure had surpassed its projected revenue of RM10.2 billion by 17 per cent.

He said Sarawak’s revenue comprised four main categories, namely tax revenue, non-tax revenue, non-revenue receipts and federal grants and reimbursements.

Abang Johari said tax revenue contributed RM6.7 billion or 56 per cent of the total revenue, while the other categories made up 44 per cent.

“Under the tax revenue category, state sales tax (SST) contributed 84 per cent or RM5.6 billion of the total tax revenue collected. The taxable products under SST, among others, were oil and gas products, oil palm products and aluminium.

“The improved performance in SST collection was due to higher market prices in 2022 for oil and gas products and oil palm products,” he told a press conference at the state assembly building here today.

Abang Johari said the Sarawak government would continue to study and look into various key initiatives to increase the state’s revenue through enhancing, widening and diversifying its revenue sources.

He added that the state government had decided to continue extending the Bantuan Khas Sarawakku Sayang (BKSS) on electricity bill discounts of 5 to 25 per cent for domestic and commercial users and industries for the first six months of this year.

He said the initiative would involve a sum of RM200 million. 


BERNAMA provides up-to-date authentic and comprehensive news and information which are disseminated via BERNAMA Wires;; BERNAMA TV on the Astro 502, unifi TV 631 and MYTV 121 IFLIX channels and BERNAMA Radio on the FM93.9 (Klang Valley), FM107.5 (Johor), FM107.9 (Kota Kinabalu) and RM100.9 (Kuching) frequencies.

Follow us on social media :
Facebook : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatv, @bernamaradio
Twitter :, @BernamaTV, @bernamaradio
Instagram : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatvofficial, @bernamaradioofficial
TikTok : @bernamaofficial

© 2023 BERNAMA   • Disclaimer   • Privacy Policy   • Security Policy