COVID–19 NEWS   COVID: Rise in new infections, drop in death cases last week - Health DG | South Korea‚Äôs COVID-19 vaccine candidate inches closer to launch after experts' approval Recommendation | More than 16 million adults in Malaysia given the COVID -19 booster dose | Lebanon faces new wave of COVID-19: Ministry | Malaysia, India agree on mutual recognition of COVID-19 vaccination certificates | 
BUSINESS

SCGM shares decline following core business disposal announcement

10/05/2022 11:44 AM

KUALA LUMPUR, May 10 (Bernama) -- Shares of plastic packaging solutions company SCGM Bhd fell in early trade today following the announcement of its intention to dispose of its entire core business for RM544.38 million in cash.

At 11.20 am, its shares eased eight sen to RM2.30 with 7.68 million shares changing hands. Trading in SCGM’s shares was suspended for the whole of yesterday pending the announcement.

On Monday, SCGM entered into a conditional agreement to sell its entire stake, or 106.47 million shares, in wholly-owned subsidiary Lee Soon Seng Plastic Industries (LSSPI) to Japanese companies Mitsui & Co Ltd and FP Corporation (FPCO).

LSSPI is SCGM’s sole subsidiary and represents the entire core business of the group. Hence, on completion of the proposed disposal, SCGM will not have any core business, subsidiary or associated company.

The proposed disposal entails Mitsui acquiring 60 per cent equity interest in LSSPI for RM326.63 million while FPCO the remaining 40 per cent for RM217.75 million.

Kenanga Research in a note said the purpose of the disposal is to enable SCGM to unlock the value of its investment in LSSPI and reward the existing shareholders for their support of the group. 

"Post-divestment, SCGM – which is expected to be classified as a 'cash company' – intends to maintain its listing status while looking to acquire new business/assets," it said. 

-- BERNAMA

 

 


Bernama is the trusted source of reliable real-time comprehensive and accurate news for both the public and media practitioners. Our news is published at www.bernama.com ; BERNAMA TV on: Astro Channel 502, unifi TV Channel 631, MYTV Channel 121 IFLIX; and Bernama Radio broadcasting locally on FM93.9 in Klang Valley, Johor (FM107.5), Kota Kinabalu (FM107.9) and Kuching (FM100.9).

Follow us on social media :
Facebook : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatv, @bernamaradio
Twitter : @bernama.com, @BernamaTV, @bernamaradio
Instagram : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatvofficial, @bernamaradioofficial
TikTok : @bernamaofficial

© 2022 BERNAMA   • Disclaimer   • Privacy Policy   • Security Policy