KUALA LUMPUR, April 10 -- The International Trade and Industry Ministry (MITI) has identified additional economic sectors that can be allowed to operate in stages during the Movement Control porder (MCO) period, which has been extended until April 28.
In a statement today, it said the sectors that can operate on condition of strict adherence to health and safety guidelines are:
* Automotive Industry (limited to exports of completely built-ups, parts and components, as well as after-sales services such as maintenance);
* Machinery and equipment industry;
* Aerospace industry;
* Construction projects and services related to construction works;
* Science, professional and technical services, including research and development (R&D) (services incidental to legal practice, services incidental to oil and gas, R&D activities related to COVID-19 and testing labs for the sectors allowed to operate);
* Social health services including registered traditional and complementary medicine (TCM) practitioners;
* Hardware shops, electrical and electronic shops and optometrists in the wholesale and retail industry;
* Barber shops (only for haircuts); and
* Laundry services (only those offering full-service and does not include self-service laundrettes).
The construction projects and construction works-related services allowed include, among others, projects where the main contractors are G1-G2, projects that have achieved physical progress of 90 per cent and above, tunneling works, maintenance works, sloping works, and emergency works consequent to contractual obligations.
BERNAMA provides up-to-date authentic and comprehensive news and information which are disseminated via BERNAMA Wires; www.bernama.com; BERNAMA TV on the Astro 502, unifi TV 631 and MYTV 121 IFLIX channels and BERNAMA Radio on the FM93.9 (Klang Valley), FM107.5 (Johor), FM107.9 (Kota Kinabalu) and RM100.9 (Kuching) frequencies.
Follow us on social media :
Facebook : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatv, @bernamaradio
Twitter : @bernama.com, @BernamaTV, @bernamaradio
Instagram : @bernamaofficial, @bernamatvofficial, @bernamaradioofficial
TikTok : @bernamaofficial