Sabah State Assembly: Projects approved by previous government will go on
Last Update: 14/11/2018
KOTA KINABALU, Nov 14 (Bernama) – None of the development projects approved by the previous state government in Sabah has been cancelled or postponed by the new Sabah government, the state assembly sitting was told today.
Assistant Minister in the Chief Minister's Department Arifin Asgali said the current state government had no intention of cancelling or deferring any previously approved development project.
He said the implementation of development projects by the state government approved in the 11th Malaysia Plan was according to priority.
"However, the implementation of procured projects that have not as yet started under the state government through the tender process either openly, with restrictions or through direct negotiations, should be deferred until the approval of the new state government.
"In this regard, ministries, departments and state agencies have been instructed to conduct open tender processes in accordance with existing rules and procedures," he said in reply to a question by Tamparuli state assemblyman Datuk Jahid Jahim.
Ariffin said state government agencies could continue to implement all procurements that were issued with the Letter of Acceptance including those which had already received approval letters from the state’s finance ministry.
Meanwhile, the state’s Infrastructure Development Minister Datuk Peter Anthony said the ministry through the Sabah Water Department had always monitored and ensured the electricity supply in both water treatment plants in Telupid and Beluran were maintained well.
He said this in response to a question by Abdul Rahman Kongkawang (PBS-Labuk) adding that both water treatment plants operated on electricity supply and were also equipped with standby power generators.