PETALING JAYA, March 6 (Bernama) -- The Badminton World Federation (BWF) should provide strong grounds to bar the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) observer Jadadish Chandra from attending the second session hearing on the match-fixing case involving two national professional badminton players last week in Singapore.
BAM president Datuk Seri Mohamad Norza Zakaria said the statement issued by BWF secretary-general, Thomas Lund yesterday did not answer the question on the matter.
According to Mohamad Norza, the ban on Chandra's involvement in the second session should have been raised during the first session which began at 10am and not otherwise.
"The rejection process should be done during the proceeding from 10am onwards, but they did it at night. We're challenging them that any issues pertaining to any objection must be raised during the proceeding.
"We are accessing our right basically to tell them to give us an explanation because this is already public knowledge..they need to know that," he told reporters after the signing of a RM1.75 million sponsorship agreement between BAM and 100PLUS for two years here today.....