BERNAMA.com - Muhamad Zarif Loses Focus, Fails To Enter Recurve Quarter-finals
malay english mandarin arabic espanol fb tw ig

SPORTS NEWS


Muhamad Zarif Loses Focus, Fails To Enter Recurve Quarter-finals

Last update: 26/08/2014
 
By Ahmad Muliady Abdul Majid

NANJING, Aug 26 (Bernama) -- National junior archer, Muhamad Zarif Syahiir Zolkifli crashed out of the men's individual recurve at the second Youth Olympic Games (YOG 2014) when he was knocked out in the qualifying round at the Fangshan Archery Range, near here Tuesday.

The 16-year-old archer lost 0-6 to South Korean, Lee Woo Seok who was in control of the contest right from the start.

Muhamad Zarif, who was clearly disappointed, said he lost focus in the second qualifying round.

"I tried my best but failed to overcome Lee," he told Bernama today.

The archer from Terengganu had earlier collected a silver medal in the international team event which fulfilled the Malaysian contingent's target of three medals at the biggest youth sports event in the world.....

 
 
 

       Previous Top Story