KUALA LUMPUR, July 2 (Bernama) -- World number 10 Ernests Gulbis has confirmed his participation in the Malaysian Tennis Open 2014 to be held at the Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil from Sept 20 to 28.
The Latvian professional tennis player will join three of the world's top 10 players - the world number eight Juan Martin Del Potro of Argentina, world number nine Milos Raonic of Canada and Japanese Kei Nishikori.
Tournament director Nick Freyer said this is the second time the Malaysian Open will play host to four of the world's top 10 tennis players, which is an honour to the country, especially to the fans, he said in a statement here Wednesday.
"The tournament team is thrilled that the exciting Gulbis has chosen to make his first visit to Malaysia during the Visit Malaysia Year 2014," he added.
Gulbis, 25, reached his current career high ranking following his brilliant run at the French Open last month, which also took him to his first Grand Slam semi-final.....