Labuan Police To Maintain Zero Break-Ins During 10th 'Ops Selamat'
Last update: 26/01/2017
LABUAN, Jan 26 (Bernama) -- The police are doubling their efforts to maintain zero break-ins in the duty-free island during the Chinese New Year celebrations.
Its chief, Supt Adzhar Othman said the police had recorded zero cases of break-ins over the last two years of 'Ops Selamat'.
This, he said, was due to the mobilisation of patrol cars in villages and housing estates.
Azhar said to ensure the anti-crime campaign was effective, only eight per cent of police personnel had their leave application approved, as compared to 10 per cent previously.
"We usually approve 10 per cent of applications every festive season for 'Ops Selamat' but this time around, we only approved eight per cent to show we are serious in combating crime," he said during the launch of the 10th 'Ops Selamat' campaign at the Labuan Ferry Terminal here today.