KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 30 (Bernama) -- The MYTV digital television test service which has been facing disruptions since Oct 11 in several states including Kelantan, Pahang, Terengganu, Negeri Sembilan, Perak, Melaka, Sabah and Sarawak can now be accessed by the public.
Communications and Multimedia Minister Gobind Singh Deo said the service disruption was due to several commercial issues between MYTV Broadcasting Sdn Bhd (MYTV) and Telekom Malaysia Berhad (TM).
"I am satisfied that both sides have reached an agreement over their issues. This is to ensure that the Digital TV service can be enjoyed by the people from today.
"What's more important is that service delivery to the people should always be given the highest priority and consideration by all service providers," he said via a statement posted on his Twitter and Facebook accounts today.
Gobind said he had asked the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) to facilitate the settlement of the issue, and a series of discussions were held among MCMC, MYTV, and TM over the last few weeks.
He said the MCMC reported that MYTV and TM had both agreed on the settlement method.
Gobind, when responding to Ahmad Fadhli Shaari's (PAS-Pasir Mas) question over the MYTV service disruption in the Dewan Rakyat last week, had said that a solution would be found within a week.