KUALA LUMPUR, June 14 (Bernama) -- Following are some interesting facts and figures of the FIFA World Cup:
1. Twenty of the 32 teams qualified, will make back-to-back appearances following the last tournament in Brazil in 2014.
2. Iceland and Panama will be making first appearances at a FIFA World Cup.
3. Iceland qualified for the first time in 2018, becoming the smallest country (in terms of population) to reach the World Cup.
4. A total of 64 matches will be played in 12 venues - Samara Arena, Nizhny Novgorod Stadium, Volgograd Arena, Ekaterinburg Arena, Mordovia Arena, Rostov Arena, Kazan Arena, Kaliningrad Stadium, Fisht Stadium, Saint Petersburg Stadium, Spartak Stadium and Luzhniki Stadium.
5. Cities involved in hosting the FIFA World Cup in Russia are Kaliningrad, Kazan, Krasnodar, Moscow, Nizhny Novgorod, Rostov-on-Don, Saint Petersburg, Samara, Saransk, Sochi, Volgograd, Yaroslavl and Yekaterinburg.....