KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 13 (Bernama) -- The fire at the Employees Provident Fund (EPF) building in Petaling Jaya today caught the attention of all and sundry as it is strategically located near the federal capital.
The 58-year-old building is believed to be keeping various data of EPF contributors in Selangor.
Following is the chronology of fires at important buildings throughout the country since 2013:
* Oct 25 : The Intensive Care Unit (ICU) located on the second floor of Sultanah Aminah Hospital (HSA) caught fire causing the deaths of six patients of the unit.
* Jan 18 : The exterior of the three-storey Kuala Lumpur Library was razed.
* 7 Jan : A file registration room at Sabah police headquarters in Kepayan, Kota Kinabalu was destroyed in fire.
* July 29 : A fire broke out at the 10th floor of Bangunan Menara Dua, Bukit Aman police headquarters.
*July 26 : A computer data room on the fifth floor of Wisma TV, Radio Televisyen Malaysia (RTM), Angkasapuri was damaged by fire.
* July 7 : An academic block of Universiti Teknologi Mara (UiTM) Dungun branch housing about 200 students went up in smoke.
* May 27: The ward on the seventh floor of Tengku Ampuan Rahimah Hospital (HTAR) was destroyed in a fire.
* April 28: A 100-metre long electric cable at the basement and car park of the Immigration Department headquarters in Putrajaya caught fire.
* March 8 : Fire damaged a godown storing post-flood supplies of the National Security Council in Jalan Padang Tembak, Pengkalan Chepa.
* Feb 15 : A blaze at the Clinical Study building under construction in Sarawak General Hospital killed a construction worker.
* March 21 : The Chancellery Building of Universiti Malaysia Terengganu caught fire with three firemen injured.