KOTA KINABALU, Feb 14 (Bernama) -- The man who was shot dead at Jalan Taman Perindustrian Kota Kinabalu (KKIP), Sepanggar here yesterday had been involved in 17 house break-in and robbery cases involving losses of about RM300,000, said Kota Kinabalu city police chief ACP M. Chandra.
He said the 30-year-old Filipino, identified as Kaidal Muksin was believed to have been actively involved in crimes around Kota Kinabalu, Penampang and Papar since 2009.
"Investigations revealed that the suspect had been actively involved in crimes along with his four other accomplices and based on the analysis of his fingerprints, the suspect had been involved in house break-in and robbery cases," he told reporters here today.
Chandra said three of the suspect's accomplices had been arrested recently and one of them was now serving a jail sentence and police were still on a manhunt for the other suspect at large.
In a separate case he said police rescued four foreign nationals including three women believed to be victims of human trafficking in a raid on an entertainment centre at Cyber City, Jalan Lintas, on Feb 7.....