SPORTS › NEWS
Mohd Faiz To Focus On Helping Penang In Super League
GEORGE TOWN, Jan 11 (Bernama) -- 2016 Puskas Award winner, Mohd Faiz Subri is focused on training for the 2017 Super League season.
"I want to help Penang in the Super League and if I get a chance, I would love to don the national jersey," he told reporters after arriving at Penang International Airport here today.
Mohd Faiz said he will compete with the new players for a starting berth in the team.
On Tuesday, Mohd Faiz won the FIFA Puskas Award for scoring the most beautiful goal of the year.
He received the recognition at 2016 FIFA Football Awards in Zurich, Switzerland.
Meanwhile, the DAP-led Penang government announced a RM50,000 incentive for the midfielder for winning the award.
Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng said the state government was very proud and happy with Mohd Faiz's achievement at international level.
"This is the first time I am seated at the same table with the winner of the Puskas award, and I would like to announce that the state government will give a RM50,000 prize to Mohd Faiz for his win," he said.
Earlier, about 500 supporters, including Mohd Faiz's family members had gathered at Penang International Airport to welcome him home.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- PAS To Contest At Least 10 Parliamentary Seats In Pahang- politic
- India's Ballarpur Industries In Talks To Sell Malaysian Paper Unit To China Group- business
- Teong Kim's Boys Drawn Against World Class Teams In Italy- sports
- Column: Can We Be True To Ourselves Everyday- features
- 37 IS Militants Killed In Afghanistan- world