BERNAMA › NEWS




Investigation Into Las Vegas Mass Shooting Shows 'Progress But No Result' - Sheriff


Last update: 04/10/2017

LAS VEGAS, Oct 4 (Bernama) -- The ongoing investigation into the deadliest shooting in US history has shown "progress but no result" so far, said Joseph Lombardo, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department (LVMPD) Sheriff on Tuesday, China's Xinhua news agency reported.

At a briefing conference, Lombardo called on media to remain patient, because authorities need time to "ensure the continued safety of our community" and local police must join security work for President Donald Trump's visit scheduled on Wednesday to the city.

Though cautious about answering questions, the sheriff disclosed some information about the bloody rampage, describing it as "pre-planned and extensive."

"I'm pretty sure that he evaluated everything that he did in his actions, which is troublesome," Lombardo said, adding the 64-year-old gunman, Stephen Paddock, set up two cameras when he shot bullets from the 32nd floor of Mandalay Bay Hotel overlooking the Las Vegas Strip, with one camera hidden in the hallway to monitor the approach of policemen.

He said Paddock fired at hotel security staff before taking his own life in the room.

Lombardo recalled that LVMPD started accepting calls at 10.08 pm Sunday night local time (GMT 0508 on Monday) and the gunfire lasted for about nine minutes as police worked to locate the crime scene.....