BERNAMA › NEWS
Another Suspect Detained In Connection With Death Of North Korean Man - IGP
KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 16 (BERNAMA) -- Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar today confirmed that another woman was detained in connection with the death of a North Korean man by the name of Kim Chol.
An official statement on the arrest would be issued later today, he said when contacted by Bernama.
Meanwhile, Deputy Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Noor Rashid Ibrahim, when contacted, said police were expected to make several more arrests following the arrest of the first suspect, a female, at the KL International Airport 2 yesterday.
The woman was in possession of a Socialist Republic of Vietnam travel document bearing the name of 'Doan Thi Huong', aged 29.
Last Monday, Kim Chol was reportedly at klia2 at 8am to board a flight to Macau an hour later.
Kim Chol reportedly died on the way to hospital.
Foreign media had reported that Kim Chol was actually Kim Jong-nam, an elder half-brother of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Kedah BN Will Win Hearts Of Young Voters - Ahmad Bashah- politic
- Perodua Bezza Design Gains Recognition From MOSTI Agency- business
- KL 2017 Torch Run Begins In Johor On May 14- sports
- A System That Ensures Stability Of The Nation- features
- Rajinikanth's '2.0' Release Postponed To Jan 25, 2018- world