BERNAMA › NEWS
Another Suspect Detained In Connection With Death Of North Korean Man - IGP
KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 16 (BERNAMA) -- Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar today confirmed that another woman was detained in connection with the death of a North Korean man by the name of Kim Chol.
An official statement on the arrest would be issued later today, he said when contacted by Bernama.
Meanwhile, Deputy Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Noor Rashid Ibrahim, when contacted, said police were expected to make several more arrests following the arrest of the first suspect, a female, at the KL International Airport 2 yesterday.
The woman was in possession of a Socialist Republic of Vietnam travel document bearing the name of 'Doan Thi Huong', aged 29.
Last Monday, Kim Chol was reportedly at klia2 at 8am to board a flight to Macau an hour later.
Kim Chol reportedly died on the way to hospital.
Foreign media had reported that Kim Chol was actually Kim Jong-nam, an elder half-brother of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Perak BN To Feature More Youth Candidates In GE14- politic
- King Salman To Pave The Way For More High-impact Investments- business
- 17 Teams To Participate In Borneo International Rugby Sevens- sports
- Fikirlah: Why Use Plastic Bags?- features
- Over 3,000 Palestinian Arabs Killed In Syrian Conflict- world