BERNAMA › NEWS
La Nina Phenomenon Next Month Expected To See Increase In Dengue Cases
Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah (Bernama file photo)By Nur Nadzmi Nasirah Mohamad Nasir
KUALA LUMPUR, May 29 (Bernama) -- The La Nina phenomenon that brings excessive rain and expected to occur in the country from next month until October is likely to see an increase in dengue cases.
Health director general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said, however, the health authorities were ready with preventive measures and had taken steps to destroy Aedes mosquitoes in hotspots nationwide, particularly in the Klang Valley since April.
"The operation will be upgraded continuously to ensure Aedes mosquitoes do not breed when the country is facing the rainy season, especially with the coming La Nina phenomenon," he told Bernama here.....
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- USA Prepared To Work With Warisan - Mohd Noor- politic
- Malaysia Aims To Double SME Export Growth By 2025 With DFTZ, Says Najib- business
- Uzbekistan Optimistic Of Victory In World Cup Qualifying Tomorrow- sports
- Decreasing Water Quality Affecting Putrajaya Lake And Wetlands- features
- US-led Airstrike Hit A School In Northern Syria, Killing At Least 33 People- world