BERNAMA › NEWS
La Nina Phenomenon Next Month Expected To See Increase In Dengue Cases
Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah (Bernama file photo)By Nur Nadzmi Nasirah Mohamad Nasir
KUALA LUMPUR, May 29 (Bernama) -- The La Nina phenomenon that brings excessive rain and expected to occur in the country from next month until October is likely to see an increase in dengue cases.
Health director general Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said, however, the health authorities were ready with preventive measures and had taken steps to destroy Aedes mosquitoes in hotspots nationwide, particularly in the Klang Valley since April.
"The operation will be upgraded continuously to ensure Aedes mosquitoes do not breed when the country is facing the rainy season, especially with the coming La Nina phenomenon," he told Bernama here.....
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- PAS To Contest At Least 10 Parliamentary Seats In Pahang- politic
- KKB Engineering Signs Mou With China's SNPDERI- business
- Malaysian Government Wants Match With North Korea To Be Played At Neutral Venue- sports
- Delhi Diary: Farmers Highlight Their Woes Through Bizarre Protests In India- features
- Woman Dies Of 'Monkey Fever' In India's Goa State- world