GENERAL › NEWS





Short-circuit Believed To Be Cause Of Fire At Tahfiz Centre


Last update: 14/09/2017

KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 14 (Bernama) --The fire which broke out at the Darul Quran Ittifaqiyah Tahfiz Centre at Jalan Keramat Ujung here early today is believed to be caused by a short-circuit.

Kuala Lumpur Fire and Rescue Deputy Director Assistant Fire Commissioner Abu Obaidat Mohamad said the short-circuit was believed to have occurred in front of the door to the students' hostel on the third floor of the building.

He said this was based on the locations where the bodies of the victims were found, which were on the left and right side of the third floor of the building.

"They were believed to have tried to escape from the fire (which started) in the centre of the room through the windows, but the widows had grille, leaving only the door, which was also the only exit on the third floor," he told reporters at the scene.

-- BERNAMA .....