GENERAL › NEWS
2017 Putrajaya Chess Festival Receives Malaysia Book Of Records Award
PUTRAJAYA, Feb 11 (Bernama) -- The 2017 Putrajaya Chess Festival made history Saturday when it received the Malaysia Book of Records (MBOR) award for chess tournament with the most number of children participation.
Held at the Menara Seri Wilayah here, the festival, which was opened to national and international schools, saw the participation of 1,224 students under 16 years of age.
Witnessed by Federal Territories Minister Datuk Seri Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor, the award was presented by MBOR's representative Nurasyikin Ramli to Head of Sekolah Kebangsaan Putrajaya Presint 18 (1) Salmiah Hashim as the main organiser of the tournament.....
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Kedah PAS Sympathises With Victims Of Storm- politic
- ASEAN's Stronger Ties And Collective Voice Much To Malaysia's Advantage- business
- Thailand Emerge Champions In Mahsuri Cup 2017- sports
- Fikirlah: Don't Let Mohamad Thaqif Die In Vain- features
- US Galvanises Security Council To Exert Pressure On North Korea- world