BUSINESS › NEWS
Malaysia On Track To Achieve A Balance Budget, Says Najib
Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak (centre) launching the Bloomberg TV Malaysia in Kota Damansara, With him is Bloomberg TV Chairman Tan Sri Mohd Effendi Norwawi (left) and its chief executive officer Michael ChanPETALING JAYA, April 11 (Bernama) -- Malaysia is on track to achieve a balance budget and become an advance economy by 2020, Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak said.
Asserting that Malaysia is a great story to tell, the prime minister said despite mounting challenges, the country's economic fundamentals remain strong.
"We do have our challenges but if (we) look at the fundamentals and macro pictures...a 47.7 per cent growth in gross national income (GNI) from 2009 until 2014, a market capitalisation of Bursa Malaysia which rose 140 per cent during the same period, and a gross domestic product (GDP) that grew six per cent last year," he said when launching Bloomberg TV Malaysia at Kota Damansara here, Saturday.....
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Kedah PAS Sympathises With Victims Of Storm- politic
- ASEAN's Stronger Ties And Collective Voice Much To Malaysia's Advantage- business
- Thailand Emerge Champions In Mahsuri Cup 2017- sports
- Fikirlah: Don't Let Mohamad Thaqif Die In Vain- features
- US Galvanises Security Council To Exert Pressure On North Korea- world