BUSINESS › NEWS
Nation's Economic Fundamentals Intact Despite Fall In Global Oil Prices
KUALA LUMPUR, April 9 (Bernama) -- Malaysia's economic fundamentals are still stable and the country is capable of achieving a moderately high growth rate despite facing the challenges of falling global oil prices, said Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.
He said the drastic decline in oil prices which started from last year had caused oil-producing countries including Malaysia to undertake modifications to their fiscal position as well as implement more proactive measures to face this challenge.
"Eventhough oil prices have dropped, our country's economic fundamentals are intact and we can still attract investments, implement reforms in the nation's transformation and continue to ensure the rakyat's interests are protected," he said.....
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Kedah PAS Sympathises With Victims Of Storm- politic
- ASEAN's Stronger Ties And Collective Voice Much To Malaysia's Advantage- business
- Thailand Emerge Champions In Mahsuri Cup 2017- sports
- Fikirlah: Don't Let Mohamad Thaqif Die In Vain- features
- US Galvanises Security Council To Exert Pressure On North Korea- world