WORLD › NEWS
Unions Oppose Restructuring Of Kenya's Public Service
The unions argue that the programme as announced by the Cabinet Secretary (Minister) for Devolution, Ann Waiguru, may be a calculated move to retrench workers.
Addressing the media here Wednesday, the secretaries-general of the six unions, led by Ernest Nadome of Kenya Electrical and Applied Workers Union and Wafula wa Musamia of the quarry workers union, demanded a dialogue with government on the matter before its implementation.
They argued that Labour Cabinet Secretary Kazungu Kambi had not convened any tripartite meeting since assuming office, saying this was not right.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Pakatan Supreme Council Accepts Proposal To Nominate Wan Azizah As MB Of Selangor- politic
- AirAsia India Appoints Cargo Agent, Adds Two Destinations- business
- Badminton Squad Make Flying Start- sports
- Tips For A Crime-Free Balik Kampung Trip- features
- Former Thai PM Yingluck Meets Thaksin In Paris: Media- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution