WORLD › NEWS
Unions Oppose Restructuring Of Kenya's Public Service
The unions argue that the programme as announced by the Cabinet Secretary (Minister) for Devolution, Ann Waiguru, may be a calculated move to retrench workers.
Addressing the media here Wednesday, the secretaries-general of the six unions, led by Ernest Nadome of Kenya Electrical and Applied Workers Union and Wafula wa Musamia of the quarry workers union, demanded a dialogue with government on the matter before its implementation.
They argued that Labour Cabinet Secretary Kazungu Kambi had not convened any tripartite meeting since assuming office, saying this was not right.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- PR Heading For Possible Split Over Selangor Menteri Besar Crisis - Dr Hilmi- politic
- PIDM Aims To Enhance Public Awareness- business
- National Men's Hockey Squad Suffer Embarassing 2-4 Defeat To Trinidad And Tobago- sports
- Chuping's Changing Face- features
- Egyptian Forces Kill 25 Extremists In Sinai Province- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : firstname.lastname@example.org
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution