WORLD › NEWS
Fresh Attacks On Libya Airport Push Death Toll To 30
Heavy weapons were used in the attack and dozens of rocket-propelled grenades fired into the airport, said a commander for Zintan militia guarding the air hub.
Intense fighting has been continuing in Tripoli since early Sunday when armed groups launched attacks on the airport and some key road intersections.
A witness said clashes had damaged 90 percent of aircraft at the airport and severely damaged the control tower.
On Wednesday, the Libyan government opened the Mitiga military airport to manage civil flights.
Libya has witnessed a drastic escalation of violence and political instability since the toppling of Libya's former leader Muammar Gaddafi.
The central government has failed to control the former rebels and militia.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Pakatan Supreme Council Accepts Proposal To Nominate Wan Azizah As MB Of Selangor- politic
- AirAsia India Appoints Cargo Agent, Adds Two Destinations- business
- Commonwealth Games: Fatehah Rewrites National Record In 500m Time Trial- sports
- Tips For A Crime-Free Balik Kampung Trip- features
- Former Thai PM Yingluck Meets Thaksin In Paris: Media- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : email@example.com
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution