WORLD › NEWS
Three Magistrates In Kenya Dismissed For Gross Misconduct
Maisiba Toyo was dismissed over what the Judges and Magistrates Board described as a blatant display of unprofessional conduct, for repeatedly carrying out his duties while drunk despite numerous warnings by the Judicial Service Commission.
Karasi Orenge was found to have illegally drawn double salary from two different government organisations for a long period and was also found to have falsified his financial records, while Sogomo Gathogo, previously based in Moyale, was found unsuitable as a result of regular and prolonged foul-mouthed rants and continued use of abusive and derogatory language, financial impropriety and lack of objectivity.
The three were part of a total of 41 judges and magistrates under scrutiny by the judges and magistrates vetting board in the eleventh announcement, with the remaining 38 passing muster.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Pakatan Supreme Council Accepts Proposal To Nominate Wan Azizah As MB Of Selangor- politic
- Government's Financial Position Getting Stronger: Treasury Secretary-General- business
- JDT Receive RM760,000 From State Govt As Incentive For Winning Super League- sports
- Spend Within Means For Hari Raya- features
- S'pore Agrees To Expand Scope Of Military Cooperation With Thailand- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : email@example.com
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution