WORLD › NEWS
Singaporean Employer Fined S$12,000 For Defaulting On Foreign Maid's Salary
In a statement Wednesday, the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) said Razalee also did not maintain a proper salary payment record to document the monthly salaries paid to his FDW.
He was further convicted of illegal employment, as he continued to employ his FDW after the Work Permit was revoked by MOM due to levy default.
In total, Razalee faced 23 charges under the Employment of Foreign Manpower Act (EFMA) (Chapter 91A).
Razalee was fined a total of S$12,000 (in default 105 days' imprisonment) by the Court. MOM has also barred him from hiring FDWs.
news coverage in our Newswire service.
Previous Top Stories
Other News Headlines
- Abdul Khalid Says Respects PKR's Decision To Nominate Wan Azizah To Be Next MB- politic
- Bank Negara' International Reserves At RM423.8 Billion- business
- Piya Denies Moving To Felda United Next Season- sports
- Designer Handbags Make Great Investment Pieces- features
- Joko Widodo-Jusuf Kalla Win Indonesia's 2014 Presidential Election- world
Most Read News
Pertubuhan Berita Nasional Malaysia,
Wisma BERNAMA,No 28, Jalan 1/65A,
Off Jalan Tun Razak, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel : 603-2693 9933 ( General Line )
E-mel : email@example.com
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in any form except with the prior written permission of BERNAMA.
Best viewed in Firefox 8.0 & Internet Explorer 8.0 with 1024 x 768 resolution